I think Tigers are amazingly beautiful creatures. Even more amazing are white tigers which I first saw when I went to Las Vegas when I was much younger. I was happy to just sit there and stare at them all day (Not that I was allowed to!)
Without a doubt when I am asked what my favourite animal is, I don't even have to think. Unfortunately, like so may others, it is an endangered species.
A few facts:
* India has the largest population of Tigers
* There are 5000 to 7000 left in the wild
* Tigers are the largest of the cat family
* Weight 500 pounds (226kg), Length 9ft (274cm), approximately.
* Tigers eat anything, nothing eats Tigers (not in the wild anyway)
* Like fingerprints, no two tigers have the same stripe pattern
* The 9 subspecies are Malayan, Bengal, Indochinese, Sumatran, Siberian, South China, Balinese, Java and Caspian.
The white tigers are not a separate species, just simply a different colour. They are also distinct in that they often have blue eyes and pink noses. awwwww
I know they are probably not cute when you are close-up and there is nothing but air between you and them but they are gorgeous creatures all the same!
Read the Tiger study done by the WWF: www.worldwildlife.org/tigers
A big thank you to Joris for letting me use the fantastic image of the white tiger he took. You must check out his flickr page Jornic for more beautiful photography.
Would like to know what animal/creature you think is special. Thanks for stopping by!
17 Mar 2008